In Hungary there are several discount cards. They give discount on, among other museums, swimming pools, attractions, hotels and restaurants.
The Budapest Card provides many discounts and deals in Budapest. The card is valid for one adult and one child up to 13 years. There is a card for 1 or 3 days. When purchasing a book which gives all the benefits of the card is provided.Key benefits:
- Free use of public transport (65 and older remember, public transport is free in Budapest)
- Free admission to Budapest Zoo and attractionpark
- The Pálvölgyi and Szemlőhegyi caves
- 10% discount Gellért bath, Rudas bath, Romai bath, Szechenyi bath and Palatinus bath
- 50% discount cityvistit with bus
- 20% discount circus
- One day card (2015): 4900 Forint, online 4655 Forint
- One day card (2015): 7900 Forint, online 7505 Forint
- Three day card (2015): 9900 Forint, online 9405 Forint
The card can be bought at more than 250 points in the city, many hotels, the Ferihegy airport, the largest metrostations, the Tour Inform offices and travel agencies.
The Balaton Card provides many discounts and deals around the lake Balaton.
- Card (2015): 5500 Forint
The card can be bought at the Tour Inform offices around the lake Balaton.
The Hungary Card provides many discounts and deals all around Hungary. There are three types of discounts, the more expensed card, the more discounts. There are discounts for museums, swimming pools, hotels, campgrounds, but also for the toll road stickers on the highway.
- Hungary Card Plus (2015): 11000 Forint
- Hungary Card Standard (2015): 7000 Forint
- Hungary Card Basic (2015): 4000 Forint
The card can be bought at the Tour Inform offices and the bigger railway stations. Also you can purchase it on their website.